Just found this online – a wonderful innovative competition which is seeking to break some rules – LOVE IT!!
is it flash fiction? hmmm …Is it a short story? hmmm.. Is it poetry? hmmmmm.. nope – its prose poetry.. read below and support the Aussie competition!
Small wonder prose poem/micro fiction competition
Maximum 800 wds. Closes December 16.
Judged by joanne burns
First prize $300, Commended entries $100.
Winning and shortlisted entries will be published in the small wonder anthology. For more information on this competition go to, The Column
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Maximum length 800 words.
2. Entries must be typed using 1.5 line spacing and 12 pt font size. The pages must be numbered. The title of the entry and word count must appear on the submitted work.
3. Prose poems or micro fiction under consideration by another competition or publication or previously published or awarded, at a national level, will not be accepted.
4. Entries will be judged anonymously. The author’s name must not appear on the manuscript.
5. The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered in to.
6. Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
7. Entrants must be either Australian citizens (living anywhere), or permanent residents of Australia.
8. Entry fee is $7.00. Multiple entries are acceptable.
9. Entries can only be made electronically, via the Submissions Manager on the Spineless Wonders website www.shortaustralianstories.com.au
10. The closing date is 16 December 2011. Late entries will not be accepted. Entries will be accepted up until midnight.
11. Results will be announced in March, 2012.
12. Spineless Wonders will publish shortlisted and winning stories in small wonder anthology. All published entries, including the winner, may be edited.
To enter, go to Spineless Wonders Submissions Manager https://spinelesswonders.submishmash.com/Submit Please note: the entry form has a default cover note section. Simply enter Not Applicable in order to proceed.