I just came across this call out by Caroline Smailes. Its for an ebook charity anthology she is putting together with all proceeds going to One in Four. I’d not heard of it before as its a UK based charity but basically it’s an organisation run for and by people who have experience of sexual abuse. Dig around on the website and I am sure you will have the same reaction as I did – a group of passionate people trying to make a difference to those who have suffered.
The deadline is really soon, so I am not sure if I’ll have something kicking round I can submit – but just in case you do – the idea is as follows:
- Write a story or a flash of a moment based on, linked to or inspired by a song on YouTube.
- It MUST be 100 words or fewer.
- No song (for copyright reasons) lyrics should be included in the story.
- Deadline is Wednesday 11 January (GMT).
- Writers MUST hold the copyright to their stories and the stories MUST NOT have been published elsewhere.
Good luck folks, I’ll let you know via my monthly ‘kick up’ post if I actually submitted or not to this.