The wonderful folk over at CAKE! have introduced a Wednesday Write In prompt, to encourage an online writers circle, conversations and friendly feedback on our flash fiction, based on a prompt given that day.
They will generally post five prompts, allowing writers 24 hours to write a short story or flash fiction to submit for the group to review and comment upon.
This is how it works ( taken straight from their site)
- You can use the prompts as inspiration or try to work them into your story somehow. Use as many as you want.
- When your story is done, post it online (your blog/twitter/in a comment here), tag with #wednesdaywritein and comment with a link so we can read it. You can write as many stories as you like.
- Please take the time to read and comment on as many other stories as you can.
CAKE! will feature their favourite story on the blog with a review of it and links to the author’s blog/twitter/facebook if relevant. How awesome is that? On top of that, they are offering certain rewards for frequent flyers. They’ll keep track of who takes part in the write-ins, and this in turn will earn points for different things.
- Take part in a write-in = 1 point.
- Comment on other people’s stories = 1 point.
- Share/reblog the post that they have on their site = 1 point.
When you reach ten points the editing team will give detailed feedback on a story of your choice. This is a really important and valuable motivator and reward that any emerging writer aught to be excited and thrilled to be part of.
I’ve missed the first write in, but will defiantly be part of the next one. I hope you can be too.
For more info – head on over to Sarah Logan’s site – CAKE!